View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011   #107
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
This brings up an interesting point.
Even if you are foreign born or raised if you are in the USA you need to show the proper respect.
As many have stated I don't think you have to have your hand over your heart you just should be respectful by being quiet and standing still.
So if you attended a hockey game between an American and Canadian team, would you salute or put your hand over your heart for the Canadian national anthem? I wouldn't, but I would stand there and respect the anthem being played. That's essentially what the Texans players were doing, nothing out of the ordinary, so I think this criticism by Shockey is misguided.