View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011   #67
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
It's tradition to place your hand over your heart when reciting the Pledge of Allegience, not the singing of the National Anthum. Us old schoolers were probably brought up to do both, out of respect for the flag, but, this day and age, most of our kids are not taught to do either. I know this because I fussed at my grandkids for not putting their hand over their hearts during the National Anthum, MANY times, and they always told me, it's not the Pledge so they don't have to. Do I agree? NO! It's called RESPECT, and that word alone has become a word with no meaning.
I agree. You show respect for this country and for the men and womens who have died to give you the freedoms you enjoy. You do not have to agree with the politics of our leaders, but you can show respect for those that gave their lives for you.