View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011   #62
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shockey calls out Texans - they don't love America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBurgerMaker View Post
This sort of thing rubs me the wrong way. It's perfectly within Norg's rights to say something like that, as it absolutely should be. Why should he have to get out for his opinion?

Disagree with him? Sure.

Make him go away? Hmmm
And it's within my rights to call him out on such a ridiculous statement. Anyone who is not proud of this country disgusts me. That's right. Disgusts. And that is sugarcoating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Does that offer stand to get medical treatment also? I have to go to Spain in a few months to get medical care that I cannot afford here because I am self employed.
Wait until 2014.

.....the point is that it's a matter of respect. I don't see the anthem performances so I dont know the exact way the players were standing but there is a certain decorum to follow when the anthem is being played. If they had their arms folded then that's a direct body language thing. Shows they're disapproving. It's disrespectful to the highest degree. Stand with your arms behind your back, with your arms straight down, or with your right hand on your heart, which is what I do in the stands at sporting events with my hat off or clutched to my chest as well.

If someone wants to do something or not do something during the anthem that's their choice, but they are also open to any criticism that follows. Ask that asshole Mahmood Abdul-Rauf or Carlos Delgado a few years back.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote