View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 14 Texan Mock

Quote:
Fourth Round: David Paulson, Oregon, TE 6040 244

Owen & Dresseen proved yesterday how important the TE position is for the Texans. I think the league is catching on & TE position is becoming more of a commodity, not just another blocker @ scrimmage. Paulson is a sure handed option in passing game, excellent down field blocker & give Texans the best TE receiving corps in the NFL.

Fifth Round: Jerry Franklin, Arkansas, ILB 6100 245

Had to also move Jerry higher based on his productivity & need for depth @ ILB. He led a very good defensive Arkansas unit in tackles with with 93. Has the height weight ratio to fill inside running lanes, sure tackler, high motor/effort who plays with passion. Also had 10 TFL for loss, 4 passes broken up, 5 QB hurries & one fumble recovery for a 94 yard TD.
Day before the next big game (Carolina) & Texans continue to get thinner in key positions. I could flip both players @ this stage, either one would be too good of value to pass on w/late 5th. Since Paulson is a personal favorite & natural fit in Texan offense with Dreessen playing hurt/free agent I'm going to flip these guys/picks. TE is actually THE key position in Texan play action offense that makes it go even when everything else is struggling or breaking down.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote