View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011   #230
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I have had Nelson all season, he is very solid. I think his stock rises even more with Jennings going down. You can only play one of those players in the flex you listed? Or how many spots?
Yep. Need to choose 3 of the 4 guys I listed. Two WRs and 1 flex. Sorry my post was so confusing. I didn't even realize MJD had already played until I started writing my post so I started off thinking I was going to list all my RBs and WRs and see who you guys recommended.

Quote:
Here's my dilema,

Need 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and a Flex, here's my team with my current choices:

Michael Bush - starting RB
Ray Rice - starting RB
Steven Jackson - flex
Brandon Jacobs - bench

Jordy Nelson - starting WR
Wes Welker - starting WR
Miles Austin - bench

Basically I am torn between Steven Jackson, Bradon Jacobs, and Miles Austin in the flex spot. I can make a case for each of them. This is not a PPR league so I am leaning towards a RB for that reason.

Thoughts?
I'd go RB. Start Steven Jackson. Who is he playing against?

And I thought Austin was hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If I'm reading you right, you need to sit one of those 4 guys. I think Nicks and Nelson are must starts this week. The matchups are just too good and Rodgers is playing lights out, no Jennings may help too. If McFadden is still out, I'd go with Bush over Fitz. I know that might sound crazy, but Fitz hasn't been consistent at all this year, and the other WRs you have are on hot streaks.
You read it right. Yeah, I have been a fool to not start Nelson more, but Fitz has had some huge weeks. He actually has been pretty consistent. It's just a lot of games he gets me 7-12 points (.5 PPR) whereas Nelson has gotten more yardage (I think) and TDs but less receptions. I am leaning Nelson and Nicks but since I am basically guaranteed to win round 1 of my playoffs (I won by over 100 last week), I may leave things as is and see how much usage Nelson gets with Jennings gone. Without Jennings to take some heat off Nelson, I just wonder if he will be as dominant.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote