View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011   #110
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Matt Schaub's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What does this even mean? "Strong consideration"? If we don't win the Super Bowl then what? Is he automatically a backup? The chances of us winning the Super Bowl this year are pretty slim regardless.

Look, I get that there are a lot of people who don't trust Schaub 100%, but you and everyone else has seen exactly 2.5 games worth of Yates. He's hasn't proven that he can be a full-time starter yet, he's just the default choice at this point. For whatever reason, even Kubiak thought Lienart should be ahead of him on the depth chart, and Kubes is a QB guy. He may turn out to be better than Schaub, but I'm not holding my breath. And really, the last thing we need in this town is another QB controversy.

Schaub isn't and will never be a Brady, Manning or Brees. He's well above average, but not elite, and I don't think many people would argue against it. I do think he can win a Super Bowl, but not as a Dilfer or Brad Johnson, but more like an Eli Manning. He puts up some points, but isn't the only thing driving the offense. He also had a lot of support from his defense and the run game. I hope Yates has it in him as well to be able to put up a couple TDs in the playoff games.
Again, everyone who is picking Tj is saying IF. It's not like anyone is saying it's Tj's job to lose. He's looked good in 2.5 games, like you said. He looks ready. If he continues to look comfortable & able to play in this league over the next 8 weeks & has us one yard shy of a Super Bowl Championship, you're going to sit him as soon as Schaub gets healthy?

That doesn't make any sense.

If he looks 'meh... nobody wants him to replace Schaub. If we've seen the best of Tj Yates, nobody wants him to replace Schaub.

If we win the Super Bowl on the backs of Foster, Andre, & our defense & Tj did everything but cost us a game, then nobody would want to trade Schaub & crown Tj