View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011   #104
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Still haven't been convinced. All I see that Schaub has over Yates is more time in the offense and experience in the NFL. Yates has one comeback that he put together himself in his resume (since you named the ones Schaub had). Schaub is a good QB, no denying that, but sometimes, you have to take one step backwards in order to take two steps forward. Our offensive production may be down slightly (never mind the fact that we have played good defenses this stretch), but it has the potential to be even better. Can't remember the last time Kubiak called a play to where Schaub had to bomb it to Jacoby deep, and in stride. Our receivers always have to stop and wait for the ball with Schaub on deep throws. Never seen Schaub scramble for 17 yards for a first down. Those types of things. Yates will get better reading defenses. He will get better at the timing with his receivers. He already shows he ready. See how quickly he was calling for the spike after that scramble he had? That's veteran stuff. Schaub is maxed out. Time to move on if Yates continues... I know people are saying its too early, but Yates continues to pass the eye test.
I'm not at the point where I'm ready to sit schaub in lieu of teej, but I agree that if he continues to play well he doesn't have to reach schaubs level stat wise to earn the job.

He's a rookie and should get better.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote