View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011   #69
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Get real man. Everyone here likes that TJ has been able to play well in the situation, and I haven't heard anyone say that he hasn't already taken the #2 slot from Leinart but to say that people who think Schaub is better at this point than TJ are settling for mediocrity is dumb.

It's pretty obvious that Yates isn't as good at concealing handoffs on bootlegs, isn't as good at spotting blitz packages on the other teams defensive line, isn't able to notice blindside blitzes, and still gets a bit nervous and takes some wild and high throws. I am not saying that he won't be getting better at these things every week but you can't deny that he had plenty of overthrows on some easy to make short passes, and also took five sacks (not all of them were the Olines fault either).

I hate to bring up any negatives to the guy who basically became a Houston Hero overnight because I myself really like the guy and enjoy watching him play but don't get caught up in the moment and forget everything Schaub brings to the table either.