View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011   #21
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Priority needs for 2012 Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
1. WR -- We need a better #2 and a player to groom to grow into the #1 spot. This should be a big, fast WR so I think we've got to go early here.

2. G -- I think the weaknesses in our offensive line are Wade Smith and Mike Brisiel. They're working well together as a unit but I think it can be improved.

3. ILB -- At first, this is about getting rid of Dobbins. But if we could get a guy who can play better than Demeco has been or just better than Sharpton, I'll be fine with that.

4. DT -- Note, NOT NT. I don't think we're going to see a big, immoveable NT in this defense. But if there's a dominating penetrating 4-3 DT, we would be in the market for him. He'd have to beat out Cody and Mitchell, though.

But, personally, after round 1 which should be WR, I think we should go BPA.
I agree with this. When it comes to the draft though, I really believe that we just need to go BPA after targeting a WR in the first. Guys like Cody and KJ have stepped up enough to turn most of the "needs" on this team into "wants" or "could improves".
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote