View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Priority needs for 2012 Texans

our 2012 needs.... hmmm....

1. ILB: Some one who can spell DeMeco and Cushing with little drop off in performance. I see that most folks want to go WR as first priority but I think having a great defense is more important to team success than great offense. I offer as evidence the comparison between our 2009 team and this year's team. In 2009, we had a stud offense and mediocre defense. This year we have a stud defense and an okay offense and we're on track to our first double-digit win season.

2. OLB: See above on the importance of defense. Whether Mario returns or not (and count me among those that hopes we keep him) we need another Brooks Reed type so when the starters need a blow, we don't have a drop off in effectiveness.

3. WR: As long as Kubiak is running the offense, AJ, KW, and JJ will be our 1, 2, & 3 WRs. But it doesn't hurt to get quality depth and maybe someone to push JJ for that #3 spot. Better make sure they can block because this ain't the Saints or the Packers, we are RUN FIRST.

4. DT: Someone to spell Cody and push (or replace) Mitchell as his backup. In Wade's system it's more important that the DT is active and disruptive rather than huge. If he's disruptive AND huge, so much the better.

5. OL: The O-line has been operating at a fairly high level for most of the year. But upgrades to the backups wouldn't hurt at all.

I'm not a draftnik so I have no idea who would fill these requirements but these are the spots that need addressing IMHO.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote