View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Badboy's 13 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Why so many OL?
I think we have two soon to be glaring concerns at both guards. Winston has had a very good year imo but I would move him to OG. Not urgent move but as soon as we have someone ready to replace him. I have Wisconsin's Wagner in mind. Beerlover identified Zeitler as a Wisconsin player to watch & while I was impressed, teammate Wagner caught my eye. Ricky is very good and could beat out Rashad Butler & he is bigger with better moves imo. No guarantee Butler will return 100% anyway. Wagner to replace Winston who slides to RG allowing Brisiel to drop to backup.

Washington was forced to move by coach from OG to Left Tackle this season and has done an ok job. In NFL, he would be an ideal guard and has a bit of a mean streak to him with an excellent inital punch. He plays angry (probably at his coach who dissed him verbally)but controlled. You don't want to lay opposite him. So he replaces Wade Smith. He and Wagner could switch as in NFL games one could be better suited than other at one of the tackles. Smith will be 31 YOA with minimal contract so we could cut with little cap ramification.

Myers is an excellent center who will be re-signed this off season. WHile he never misses a start we need someone behind him to be able to take over. Center as you know in our ZBS offense calls the plays for the Oline. That is why Myers kept Kubiak's trust his first couple of years when Myers was getting beat by bigger opponents. Urgency to replace is less much less tha the 2 OGs but we do need a guy. Blake can play all OLine but specialty is center. The other two are better as OTs or OGs imo.
Hope this clarifies my thinking.