View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Cody has been stellar this year Vs the run .... a big part of why the Texans are #4 in the NFL Vs the run. Earl Mitchell hasnt been bad either.

I wouldnt mind a big 330+NT myself ..... but its far from a mandatory position.
When I was re watching the game last night Cody stood out to me. he was strong at the LOS. He plays with tremendous pad level and the dude is hard to move in there.

Mitchell started off shaky earlier in the year but he's gotten better IMO. He made a few plays in the last game too. He runs better than Cody and he made more plays down the line.

I don't know if either are capable of being dominant down in there, but they have been good to very good at times.

I'm wondering what positions could use an upgrade on defense next year and what positions would be worth a high first round pick and honestly the only position I can think of is corner. That sounds crazy with Kareem and Allen playing pretty well but this is a good draft for corners. Someone may pay Allen more than we want to. It'd be nice to have Harris step up but I have no clue what well get from him.

I'm not saying I'd target a corner. I'd be targeting wr. But like I said, if one of the top ranked corners happened to fall, like Kirkpatrick for instance, I'd think really hard about taking him. Or even one of the other guys. Kj could still be the starter or if the other guy outplayed him then we'd just be really deep at a position that you need quality depth at. That would make our defense that much more scary.

That said, I'd target receiver all the way. But one of those really good corners would be awesome IMO. Make them earn their way onto the field and if they did you'd know they were playing outstanding ball.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote