Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011   #431
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
Of course he has shown he can run the offense, but he has shown me enough to know that he can never lift this franchise up an carry them on his shoulders as play making QBs need to do from time to time, and in the playoffs, like a Warner and others. I've seen him come up short too many times in the regular season, INTs to end games, failed drives, etc. I've never identified the clutch gene in him. And in all honesty, my fear before Schaub went down, was one and done in the playoffs, getting outsted by a more experiened playoff team and playoff veteran QB. Thats how much I lack in faith with him.
See, for me, I've seen the clutch gene in Schaub quite a bit. Sure, he's thrown some ints to end games but he's also scored a lot in the final few minutes of the game that SHOULD have sealed the deal... just to watch the defense piss it away. Last season, he brought our team back several times. To me, that's cluch.

And even if he would have played and even if we would have been one and done in the playoffs, that wouldn't have bothered me. Lots of "great"/"elite" QBs have gone one and done in the playoffs. How long has it been since Brady has won a playoff game? How many playoff games has Manning lost? Brees?

For me, I see this season as being our chance to get into the playoffs and get experience at it. I'm looking at this as being the first of many playoff appearances. I was hoping Schaub would get to the playoffs this season to get valuable experience for next season and the season after that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote