Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011   #428
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I disagree. Schaub may not be mobile, but he has a pretty accurate arm as a passer and has shown for several years now that he can lead this team and put up a lot of points. He's a poor man's Kurt Warner and I'm alright with that unless there is a better and younger guy that has the potential to be elite.

I'm not high on Yates at all, and I'm hoping that he'll surprise me, but as far as the future goes I want to look for other options unless Yates kicks ass and takes names.
Of course he has shown he can run the offense, but he has shown me enough to know that he can never lift this franchise up an carry them on his shoulders as play making QBs need to do from time to time, and in the playoffs, like a Warner and others. I've seen him come up short too many times in the regular season, INTs to end games, failed drives, etc. I've never identified the clutch gene in him. And in all honesty, my fear before Schaub went down, was one and done in the playoffs, getting outsted by a more experiened playoff team and playoff veteran QB. Thats how much I lack in faith with him.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote