Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011   #398
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

My point was that Yates does not have to be a superstar. We have the kind of defense that can win games. Trent Dilfer has a ring because he rode the coattails of a fantastic defense. Brad Johnson, too. Neither of these dudes would ever be confused for superstar QBs. But, they were solid game managers that did not cost their teams games because of mistakes.

Is it really that unrealistic to hope that Yates can at least be as competent as Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer?
These Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson examples have got to stop, because they've gotten out of hand. Those aren't strong examples, because they aren't normal by any stretch. Those are exceptions where two below average QB's won a SB because Dilfer played on a team that had the best defense of all time and Johnson played on a team that had like the 3rd best defense of all time in the Bucs who were just like a hair below the Ravens defense from two years before them. Unless you feel like the Texans have one of the best defenses of all time, than maybe I'm wasting my breath here, but even if that were the case I still wouldn't feel confident with a rookie, because he's a rookie and he wasn't even a high prospect at that. Do you think that Simmons or Zabransky would have been able to lead this current Texans team to a SB when they were rookies here, because those are similar comparisons to what Yates is talent wise considering where he was drafted and what expectations were? Johnson and Dilfer were both long term vets that understood their role very well. I love this Texans defense and they are a great defense but we're not dealing with a defense like the 01 Ravens.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote