Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011   #395
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102181 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
So how do you get that I was writing him off from that?? He is going to get his chance to play with one of the best teams in the league. He's getting "his chance" to show what kind of potential or what kind of ceiling he might possibly have.

Where were you all season long to tell everyone about how great Yates was?? Did you think that he was some sort of Pro Bowler in the making when we drafted him?? He wasn't even on most teams radars as far as being a future starter in this league. He's just a late round pick that was at the bottom of our depth chart and now everyone is excited about this kid because they have no other choice, but that doesn't mean that I'm supposed to feel confident in this kid just because we're stuck with him now as our starter. That's like asking me to feel confident that we'll get really heavy snow in Houston this Winter. Sure, it's possible, but the odds are terrible. You want to ignore odds, then knock yourself out. Don't shoot me in the foot for having lowered expectations on what a 5th round rookie can do that all of a sudden became the most popular player on the Houston Texans over night because two other QB's got hurt.
First off why would i, i like Schaub and think he is our starter, AND if you noticed as soon as Schaub went down i started a thread saying Leinart or yates, in which i clearly state that i wanted yates over Leinart.

But you dont change a tire if it isnt flat, so why would i want yates in there over Schaub, when he had us winning and everyone knows i am a Schaub Supporter. My whole point is it will be unfair to judge Yates when he gets only 5 1/2 games to prove himself.