Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011   #379
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I guess we are different in that I do not maintain the SuperBowl-or-bust mentality.
When did I ever say SB or bust?? I never said anything about expecting to go to the SB. I never even expected to go with Matt Schaub even, because I don't trust Kubiak as a game day coach in a post season atmosphere.

Quote:
I don't see optimism as fake, but rather just enjoying the ride.
Good for you. We all are, but I'm not expecting this ride to go that far once we make it to the post season, and I won't really be upset about that considering the circumstances.

Quote:
I just want to see this team in the playoffs for once.
Does this mean just making the playoffs was what the expectations always were?? I'd hope not knowing that we're in year 6 of this regime. I've heard you state otherwise in the past. We have lost two QB's though, so I can understand a "just playoffs" attitude at this point. But I really don't care to hear about it being the first time in franchise history and all of that. Who cares. If you get to the playoffs, you don't get happy just to be there. You go out there expecting to be able to compete and win in the playoffs. This year we simply don't have a quality seasoned QB, and it's just not going to be in the cards for us.

Quote:
We are also different in that I'm not choosing to expect anything from TJ Yates. I cannot pump him up, but I also cannot tear him down right now. I see some positive aspects, some negative aspects, but we differ in that I reserve judgment until given something tangible to base judgment on.
I'm not tearing him down. I'm just stating the obvious. Yates was no superstar rookie coming into this league in the first place. He was a later round draft pick that just happens to play for the Texans and now has become our starter. Let's be honest if he played for the Titans or some other team like the Vikings, no one in here would have any strong confidence in that team to make a strong run in the playoffs. Who are we kidding here? Stating the obvious isn't tearing Yates down. It's just having low expectations, because he's a 5th round rookie being thrown to the wolves without hardly any experience. Hell, he didn't even get a proper pre season to get acclimated. Some of the best QB's of all time would fail miserably in this situation as rookies even.

Quote:
I will only be letdown if this team fails to make the playoffs. How they get there and what they do after that are not my focus. I just want to get that monkey off our back of 'never been to the post season'.
The same as me, but only because of our circumstances as I stated before. If we don't make the playoffs I'll be pissed, but I know we will and I'm not worried about that. The only way I'll be ticked at a playoff loss is if Kubiak refuses to let Yates try to win the game and pass the ball around if that's what the offense needs to do to win. If Kubiak just coaches super conservatively and plays not to lose just because we've got a young guy, I'll be angry then, but right now Kubiak has his job in the bag because of all the injuries, so he really has no excuse to be to cautious and has everything on his side to let Yates do what he can do.

Quote:
And please, do not give me some rant about fans and lowered expectations. We watch the game. We do not play these games. What we think as fans is completely irrelevant to affect the final score.

This stuff is just entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm not sure what you're getting at in this part. I don't know what you're referring to that I said.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote