Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011   #378
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Of course, I'm hoping that TJ Yates comes out and plays lights out beyond everyone's expectations and carries us to the Super Bowl with his amazing virtuosity.

I'm not really expecting it, though.

I think he's going to play well. I think Kubiak is going to call plays to protect him as much as possible and put him in the best possible situation to shine. But, he's still a rookie. He's going to make mistakes and we're not going to get the same level of play that we got from Schaub.

Defenses are going to tighten down. Our running game isn't going to look as good. We're not going to be the well-oiled machine matriculating the ball down the field and eating up the clock. Arian Foster is going to be blanketed 24/7 all over the field. Defensive Coordinators are going to pull out every exotic blitz and coverage in the playbook and throw it against him.

And because of all of that, our defense's stats are going to take a hit. They're not going to be playing from the lead as much and they're going to be on the field more.

Let's be honest here. We're all riding the high of the longest winning streak in our team's history. But in that period, we've played Jacksonville twice, the Browns, the Buccs, and the Titans. Not exactly a murderer's row.

These next two games are going to be damned tough. We're probably going to lose.

But... dammit... I can't help it. I'm mainlining the koolaide, too. I think Yates is going to come out and OWN the Falcons. I can't help it. I'm a homer.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote