Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011   #370
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Funny, but I'm not worried about TJ Yates. At least not until he provides me something to worry about.

I think this team is solid and can pick up the slack. IMO, Yates will not need to carry the load. He will be required to makes some throws, of course, and that could get him into trouble like any rookie QB (or any other QB for that matter).

But, with line we have protecting him, the weapons at his disposal, the running game, and that badass defense, I'm not just wringing my hands about this rookie staring week 12 right now.

Perhaps I'm delusional. So be it. But, we have never been 8-3. We have never been the top seed in the AFC. So why ruin this feeling right now with unconfirmed concerns? If he sucks, we can fill up next week with those concerns. If he's solid, then the concerns wasted good vibes this week.

Charlie Palilo had a good philosophy the other day. He said life gives us enough thorns in the bush, so why not smell the occasional rose when it blooms. That's the way I feel right now. Just enjoying the moment and taking it a day at a time.

I can freak out on Monday if warranted.
Because he's a 5th round rookie being thrown into the fire, and I don't play the just have faith and confidence just to have it, because it's my team act. Even if I tried, I'd know that deep down I was being fake and forcing optimism into something I didn't believe in. The Texans hopes for a playoff run to the SB are over and I've accepted that. They were pretty much over when Schaub went down and we had Leinart. With Leniart though, I felt pretty good and felt that if he got hot that maybe he could win a playoff game or so, but in no shape or form did I think that he could lead the Texans to a SB this season, but I was excited to see what Leinart could do either way.

With TJ Yates, sorry, but you're setting yourself up for a big let down. He's a rookie that's being thrown to the wolves.

If I told you that TJ Yates would have to be the guy that takes this team to the SB before the season you'd have laughed at me. Now all of a sudden the Texans are 8-3 and people want to feel like there is a chance, well yeah there is always a snowball's chance, but to honestly feel like this TJ Yates kid could go into the playoffs and beat these top AFC teams is not being realistic. Even the best of the rookies barely ever even make the playoffs much less go to a SB. It doesn't happen and it aint gonna happen.

You can talk about how great the defense is and the running game and other things, but playoff games are going to be close and in the post season it almost always comes down to what you're QB can do in the clutch and down the stretch. It's not even fair to remotely expect a rookie like TJ Yates to go out there and take this team anywhere.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote