Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011   #369
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Last night I was at a bar and this one guy we were talking to threw a huge tantrum when we told him that we weren't confident in TJ Yates. I've seen some homers before, but this guy took the cake. We were discussing other available guys that we'd like to have, and boy did this guy get heated at the fact that we didn't think some 5th round rookie was capable of taking us to the promised land. He talked as if TJ Yates was the most highly sought after QB of all time coming into the league. He even went on and on about how Yates won the game for the Texans last weekend and couldn't fathom the premise that the defense won it for the Texans along with the running game. It was some funny stuff watching this guy go ape shit over TJ Yates.
Funny, but I'm not worried about TJ Yates. At least not until he provides me something to worry about.

I think this team is solid and can pick up the slack. IMO, Yates will not need to carry the load. He will be required to makes some throws, of course, and that could get him into trouble like any rookie QB (or any other QB for that matter).

But, with line we have protecting him, the weapons at his disposal, the running game, and that badass defense, I'm not just wringing my hands about this rookie staring week 12 right now.

Perhaps I'm delusional. So be it. But, we have never been 8-3. We have never been the top seed in the AFC. So why ruin this feeling right now with unconfirmed concerns? If he sucks, we can fill up next week with those concerns. If he's solid, then the concerns wasted good vibes this week.

Charlie Palilo had a good philosophy the other day. He said life gives us enough thorns in the bush, so why not smell the occasional rose when it blooms. That's the way I feel right now. Just enjoying the moment and taking it a day at a time.

I can freak out on Monday if warranted.