Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #319
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
Again, you are just using self serving statements to try and prove your point.

Never did I say winning a Super Bowl automatically makes you a better QB than everybody else. Where did I say that? I'd challenge you to show me where I said that, but you can't because I never said that. (And you are accuse me of creating a straw man argument, lol). However winning a Superbowl does add to a QBs reputation, especially in this day and age. And yes, a QB is the most important part of the equation in winning a Superbowl. Unless you have those rare years where a defense can do it like the aforementioned Bears, Ravens, and Bucs did. That is the only time a game manager can win a Super Bowl.
Here's what you said earlier...
Quote:
Ben and Eli have better skill sets than Schaub. Have proven they are more clutch than Schaub. Can get their team into the playoffs. Can win in the playoffs. Oh, and can win a super bowl.
From that and the fact that everyone who has won a Super Bowl and is still playing is in your Elite class led me to believe that you had SB has one of your main criteria.

Eli's and Roethlisberger's stats are not as impressive as Schaub's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
What I said, and I'll repeat it again so that maybe it can stick this time, is that good QBs have their teams in playoff contention year in and year out. They have an "IT" factor. They win division titles. They get into the playoffs. Sometimes they have to lift their team up and win a game on their own. They are play makers. They win playoff games. They consistently put up stats. They pass the eye test.... And some of them win Super Bowls.
3 of the last 4 years, the Texans have been in playoff contention late into December. Last year, we should have been except for an epically bad defense. Schaub has consistently put up stats.

You don't like him, fine. But you can't say he's not a good QB.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote