Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #318
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
Again, you are just using self serving statements to try and prove your point.

Never did I say winning a Super Bowl automatically makes you a better QB than everybody else. Where did I say that? I'd challenge you to show me where I said that, but you can't because I never said that. (And you are accuse me of creating a straw man argument, lol). However winning a Superbowl does add to a QBs reputation, especially in this day and age. And yes, a QB is the most important part of the equation in winning a Superbowl. Unless you have those rare years where a defense can do it like the aforementioned Bears, Ravens, and Bucs did. That is the only time a game manager can win a Super Bowl.
What I said, and I'll repeat it again so that maybe it can stick this time, is that good QBs have their teams in playoff contention year in and year out. They have an "IT" factor. They win division titles. They get into the playoffs. Sometimes they have to lift their team up and win a game on their own. They are play makers. They win playoff games. They consistently put up stats. They pass the eye test.... And some of them win Super Bowls.
Didn't look it up, sorry. Were any of these teams, say, the #1 defense in the NFL or close to it when they pulled this feat?

Jus axin.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote