Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #311
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
No Im not. See the difference between you and I is that your argument is based on hypotheticals. I deal in reality and the body of work that the QBs have shown, while you rely on self serving statements based on what you think might or could happen.

You give way too much non existent credit to Schaub. He is not a to tier QB. Period. He is with the above average group.
Yes, you are creating a straw man argument. You're saying that by mentioning Marino, I'm saying Schaub is as good as he is. That's not what I did. That's a classic straw man argument: creating things that someone didn't say so you can argue against it. That's just dishonest.

In your reality, Quarterbacks who win Superbowls are better quarterbacks than those who don't. And that is wrong. Quarterbacks don't win Super Bowls, teams do. That was true in the 70's and it's still true today.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote