View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #59
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well, I don't think you could just post those examples and use them as the measuring stick. I've also seen a ton of guys stop playing their sports and get a lot bigger by far. A guy who is getting a lot smaller is obviously changing whatever fitness measures he is doing dramatically or he is not doing anything at all and is simply losing all of his muscle and size because of it. Everyone's body reacts differently when they stop training full time in their fitness regimens. Some people get really fat and blow up everywhere in their body size, some people lose bulky muscle really fast and thin out a lot like myself, and some people may just gain a lot of fat around their stomach and chest area while the rest of their body stays the same. Genetics play a part in that too.
no, they are getting fatter, not "bigger"...well, bigger is fatter too, but not in this context (we are talking muscle mass). Its just impossible to keep the extra muscle mass when you stop working out. Muscles are inherently lazy and will only be as big as you push them outside of your natural set point. I think eriadoc has it spot on concerning genetics in the post above me.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote