View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #57
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
With proper nutrition and progressive resistance training I can take a 270 pounder and turn him into a 300 pound monster going from HS to the Pros. All those 260-270 pound linemen 40 years ago would be the same 300 pound guys you see today.

You ever see a modern day 300lb+ man walk away from the game today? Unless they get fat, they all shrink down to 250 pound men without all that extra training. Just look at Nate Newton and Chester McGlockton (RIP)

Well, I don't think you could just post those examples and use them as the measuring stick. I've also seen a ton of guys stop playing their sports and get a lot bigger by far. A guy who is getting a lot smaller is obviously changing whatever fitness measures he is doing dramatically or he is not doing anything at all and is simply losing all of his muscle and size because of it. Everyone's body reacts differently when they stop training full time in their fitness regimens. Some people get really fat and blow up everywhere in their body size, some people lose bulky muscle really fast and thin out a lot like myself, and some people may just gain a lot of fat around their stomach and chest area while the rest of their body stays the same. Genetics play a part in that too.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote