View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #56
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Here's an example of your point from back in the day. Ed "Too Tall" Jones was good enough to be picked #1 by the Cowboys. Played real well for a few years, won a SB. Then quit and boxed (where he knocked out a future world champion in the 1st round - can't remember which one) and then returned to football. He was a notably better player when he came back (frankly should be in the HoF) due to the more sophistic/intense training he received in boxing. And nobody will convince me he wasn't athletic enough to play today.
Slow your roll there Cak. I never suggested that there weren't freakishly athletic guys back in the day. There have been from every era of course. My point is that there are a lot more today than there were back then. I agree about Ed Too Tall Jones being one of them and a being a guy that could play today at a very high level, but there are more guys like him today than back than, and it's not just because of eating habits of nutrition and training methods. Genetics have continued to evolve in humans in my opinion.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote