View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #55
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
those guys have been using modern training techniques and eating differently too. My argument isn't that you take a fully trained modern athlete and transport him back...my argument is if you take that modern athlete and give him no modern training, he isn't the same bigger faster guy. Works both ways.
Here's an example of your point from back in the day. Ed "Too Tall" Jones was good enough to be picked #1 by the Cowboys. Played real well for a few years, won a SB. Then quit and boxed (where he knocked out a future world champion in the 1st round - can't remember which one) and then returned to football. He was a notably better player when he came back (frankly should be in the HoF) due to the more sophistic/intense training he received in boxing. And nobody will convince me he wasn't athletic enough to play today.