View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #49
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I see people say that old players from the past wouldn't make it today since athletes are bigger and faster. If somehow you put a lot of these older star players in a time machine and insert them in programs that today's kids are in from jr high school, they would be bigger, stronger versions of themselves also.
No doubt that some of them would. But when I'm comparing certain guys from the past and certain guys from from today all I can use is what I have. I can't speculate on who would have been great if they had this or had that growing up where they did. I can only go off of what it was. Some guys I watch on film from back in the day that were great clearly didn't have the same athleticism that it would take to be great in today's game whether it be the NFL or the NBA or other sports. They might have been better, but there is always a ceiling for everyone, and a lot of guys just don't have that high of a ceiling in some cases. When you look at the back up players and the 3rd string types of guys from back in the day especially, that's where you can really see the differences. Those guys wouldn't have even sniffed the pros now days.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote