View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #48
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This is a good point, and it goes back to a lot of discussions I've had in here where I've talked about the athletes of today being a lot better than so many of these all time greats from like 30 and 40 years ago because of how much bigger, faster, and more explosive they are not only from certain genetics, but from all of the enhanced training methods that have evolved over the years. There is a much higher population in this country as well which easily has brought on more and more competition of athletes growing up and competing to get to the top where only the best of the best reach the NFL level, and that is the same for almost all sports now days.
I see people say that old players from the past wouldn't make it today since athletes are bigger and faster. If somehow you put a lot of these older star players in a time machine and insert them in programs that today's kids are in from jr high school, they would be bigger, stronger versions of themselves also.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote