View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #47
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I am too lazy to look this up and research it. But I read a while back about the size and speed of today's players is so increased from the past. Think about it, bigger and faster = more damage. Pretty much the laws of physics.

Edit: just to be clear, I am agreeing with Icak and attempting to add on to his point.
This is a good point, and it goes back to a lot of discussions I've had in here where I've talked about the athletes of today being a lot better than so many of these all time greats from like 30 and 40 years ago because of how much bigger, faster, and more explosive they are not only from certain genetics, but from all of the enhanced training methods that have evolved over the years. There is a much higher population in this country as well which easily has brought on more and more competition of athletes growing up and competing to get to the top where only the best of the best reach the NFL level, and that is the same for almost all sports now days.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote