View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #48
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I I don't think there are many coaches teaching dirty play. Physical? certainly. Dirty? no way. The Parents are watching all lover level football and that's a fast way to the door for a HC coaching HS or Jr High.
This guy was my first coach I had when I got to college.

He was fired the next year.

I hated that guy. Didn't teach any technique...Just told us to block that guy...try harder...Only the technique I learned from highschool is what carried me through my first year...

He used to make us do punishments just because...I thought he was a cool guy when I met him on my recruiting trip, but geezus was I wrong....Total ass-hole. I pretty much lost all respect for him when I saw him drunk at a club hitting on girls our age...And he was married...

I remember he was messing around in the training room and the head coach came in and said, "If you keep this up I'm going to take YOUR scholarship"...

Me and a couple teammates had a really good laugh about that....

I will say one thing though...I was never in better shape and I never played with as much animosity in my life...I really disliked that guy, but I have to admit that he made me a better player...But that is only because my highschool coach was such a beast and I carried all the good stuff over from him and mixed it with the neanderthalish coaching I received that first year from him.....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote