Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #299
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 264272 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Because Eli doesn't belong in the top tier. When he becomes more consistent, maybe he will. No way does Eli belong in the same group as Brady, Big Ben, and Brees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
And no way does Schaub belong in Eli's tier. No way whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
This is the way I objectively see it....And in no particular order, just by class IMO

HOFers/Elite
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning(if he comes back healthy obviously)

The Elite
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger

Top Tier/non-elite
Eli Manning
Tony Romo
Phillip Rivers
Mike Vick
Matt Ryan

2nd Tier
Jay Cutler
Matt Stafford
Matt Schaub
Joe Flacco
Mark Sanchez.
...and I don't care to rank the rest.

I would take every QB listed above Schaub in a heart beat. This is just a hypothetical, but I would also trade Shaub in a heartbeat for a young talent such as Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, and Sam Bradford. With our talent, thse guys could really shine on our team as they develop into top QBs I would also take Vince Young over Schaub.

I like the way you have this structured, how you have them grouped and I mostly agree with you but a) I think you have Vick too high (His game is starting to fray around the edges thanks to injuries) and b). I think that it's important to note that guys hit streaks where they go up or down between your "top-tier/non elite" and "2nd tier" groups.

Cutler, Stafford, and Schaub have all had stretches where they played like they belonged in the top tier/non-elite group and just about every one of the guys you listed as top tier/non-elite has gone through streaks where they were clearly playing like 2nd tier QB's. Rivers right now is in a hell of a funk for instance.

What makes those two guys in your HOF group special is that they almost never have those games and right at this moment Brees and Rodgers are playing like they belong in the HOF group. The only question is whether it lasts weeks, or years.

We rank them all the time using a myriad of different criteria but they don't stay in one group or the other always. Guys are on the way up and on the way down all the time.