Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #295
Texcore
Hardcore Texan

Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Which part of "I'm not saying he's Marino" didn't you understand?

And Ben and Eli are good QBs. They're not great. They only reason some people consider them elite is because their teams won Super Bowls.
Of course I saw that part, but why even mention Schaub in the same breath of Dan Marino. That is trying to say something, without trying to say something.

Ben and Eli have better skill sets than Schaub. Have proven they are more clutch than Schaub. Can get their team into the playoffs. Can win in the playoffs. Oh, and can win a super bowl.

This is a show me what you have done league. And Schaub hasn't shown us anything. He is not clutch. As good as our defense has been playing, it is not the pulverizing defense that leads a team to a SB on its own, like the 85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, or the 2002 Bucs. Other than those years, in this era of football, you need a QB that makes plays on his own, and can lift the team up. Bottom line. If you think otherwise, you are in for serious disappointment. Take the battle red colored glasses off friend, and realize the obvious.

And all of those "mediocare" QBs that you mentioned have one thing in common. They played in a different era of football. A run first era, with less rules for the defense to abide by. Sure, Schaub could of won in those eras with those teams being a game manager. I believe that. But its a different game now.
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote