View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #46
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I had a coach tell me that when defensive players raise their hands to bat balls punch them in the stomach. He said that'd keep them From doing it again.

Never did it though.

I never felt comfortable doing something to someone that would piss me off and make me want to fight if done to me.

Plus, some of the better coaches I've had convinced the team that revenge is much sweeter when handled legally between the whistles.

Guys want you to stoop their level and when you don't and simply kick their ass on the field, it demoralizes them. You can see it all in their eyes.
I agree.

From junior high to my senior year in high school, I had one good coach. The rest encouraged dirty play, fighting in the locker room, etc.

My best friend broke a kid's neck on a crackback block when we were sophmores. The coach took my friend aside:

Coach: "If he can't walk again, you have to visit him in the hospital."
Friend: "Really?"
Coach: "No. Just kidding. **** that guy." (walked off laughing).

The kid was fine and didn't lose any movement thankfully, but still
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote