Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011   #287
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
Thats all fine and dandy for those folks playing fantasy football, but what was our record in those two years? 9-7, 6-10. In my time I've seen prolific numbers from QBs with poor defenses that translate to winning seasons because they put the team on their back and carry them. Schaub hasn't/doesn't do that. Sorry to say. I wish like hell he has, but I'm just being a realist.
And, yet, Marino wasn't able to do it.

Only Elite QBs can win despite their defense and they can't even do it all the time. And no one is putting Schaub into that category because, as you said, he hasn't been able to do that.

But that doesn't mean Schaub isn't a very, very good QB.

You put the right team around him and he can win several Super Bowls.

Quote:
Just as many that have ended in Schaub throwing an INT or not even producing a drive. And when a game comes down to your special teams having to win the game, that just says the offense didn't do enough during the game to put it away.

I've seen enough of Schaub to know he is a good game manager of the offense. But that will only get you so far. To get where we want to go, we need more of a playmaker at the position. Plain and simple.
That's just BS. A lot of mediocre QBs have "won" SBs. Terry Bradshaw is a great example. He was not that good a player but he still "won" 4 Super Bowls. Trent Dilfer won a SB. The ULTIMATE Game Manager, Bob Griese, won 2 SBs. Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Brad Johnson... all those guys won Super Bowls and they are not elite QBs.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote