Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011   #249
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 349460 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Schaub is good. He is not as good as:

- Peyton Manning
- Tom Brady
- Aaron Rodgers
- Drew Brees
I stop it right there.

- Ben Roethlisberger
- Eli Manning

Schaub fits in with these guys, in my estimation. What Roethlisberger and Manning have had that Schaub hasn't up to this point is a defense and a running game. Schaub is like the Marino in these guys (I'm not saying he's as good as Marino) -- Schaub doesn't have the Super Bowls but he's better from a statistical standpoint. He's done things passing yardage wise these guys haven't matched.

- Philip Rivers
I think he's horribly over-rated and without the right pieces around him (like Sproles and LT back in the day and a great defense), he's starting to show his weaknesses.

Flacco, Cutler, Stafford, Ryan... these guys are in this group as well. Good players but they've still got to "do it." Schaub is above them because he's been able to do statistically more with less.

The thing is... all of these guys are good enough to win Super Bowls, in my estimation. They just need the right pieces around them and some luck.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote