Thread: Scout team.....
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011   #13
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scout team.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Our QB has a pretty important role in the run game as well. He makes the final decision on how we're going to run, which way, identifying blockers, etc... at the line. He looks at the defense & decides how the play is going to turn out, run or pass.

We don't audible, we adjust at the line for every play. That's where I'm worried about Yates not working with the first team.
From all accounts TJ seems to be a very intelligent QB. Even though he may not have physically taken a lot of reps with the 1st team I'm sure he's been right there taking mental reps. And again he's been with the other QB's for position meetings the whole season. I doubt that pre-snap defensive alignments will throw him off much which is what all of those calls are made off of.

The concerns I have for him are after the snap. Identifying the right coverage mainly. With the way defenses are able to disguise coverages I just hope its not too much for him. Which is why its vital to keep him out of 3rd and long situations.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote