View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011   #37
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Clearly not or you would not have argued that Fatass standing over a defenseless guy and making the cold, calculated, malicious decision to stomp on his exposed head is the SAME thing as a kick/stomp in the middle of a fight.

I'm not arguing that what Suh did was ok. Fighting is unsportsmanlike, even when AJ beat the F out of Innegan(a point you conveniently ducked). It is not dirty. Dirty is when you make a concious decision to try to injure someone.

Doing something stupid in the heat of a fight is not in the same universe as stomping on a defenseless guy's head just out of pure malice and intent to inflict injury.

NOT THE SAME
You're entire premise here has been a giant spin that Suh isn't a dirty player. All you've done is tried to spin his actions as different things or different "intent" purposes, but it's been ridiculous from the start, because no one's idea that Suh is a dirty player came from one play alone. It's come from several over a two year period. That's called a pattern and a pattern shows a consistency in behavior. I don't know why this is so difficult for you to understand or how many ways it can be explained to you.

And stop bringing up AJ and his retaliation to Finnegan. That's a pathetic example to even try to bring into this, and that's exactly why I didn't address it earlier, but since you won't stop trying to shove that into this conversation, I'll explain the difference. AJ has been dealing with dirty play from Finnegan for years. He's told the refs stuff for years. He told the refs about Finnegan in that very same game. AJ knew that Finnegan's MO was to play dirty and to try and bait AJ into doing something stupid. AJ finally lost it and couldn't take it anymore and he retaliated. That isn't anywhere close to the same thing. Not even in the same galaxy as far as AJ's actions go. Suh is more like Finnegan in that respect in that Finnegan has had a long pattern of this behavior with a lot of players but specifically AJ since they play twice a year. Suh has that same pattern of behavior with a lot of players himself, and I'm sure that opposing lineman on other teams in their division that will see him twice a year will experience similar feelings as AJ has had with Finnegan. Funny, that you call Finnegan dirty though because he isn't anywhere near as dirty as Suh has shown to be thus far. You're conveniently picking and choosing players you like and dislike to label them. I get the fact that you're obviously a Suh fan like myself, but I won't sit here and play a blind man to his actions on the field. I loved watching Romanowski for years, but never once was I in disbelief of how dirty he was as a player.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote