View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
The other guy got his in when he drove Suh to the ground after the play was over. Everyone else is walking away and he's trying to push Suh through the turf. I don't blame Suh for being upset, but he does need to stop reacting in such an immature manner. There's a right way and a wrong way to deal with frustration.

All I'm saying is that there's a big gap between what Suh did and dirty. He deserved to be ejected and fined, but a two game suspension ontop of that is overkill.
Hmmm...what I recall seeing on my TV screen was BOTH guys tangled up with their arms and a blocker finishing the play on Suh.

The way you're saying it, the whistle had blown and for several seconds afterward the Packers guy is still pursuing the block and taking Suh to the ground.

If anything, Suh was pissed that he was taken out of the play AND fell to the ground with the Packers blocker still holding onto him. The whistle was blowing, IIRC, as the two guys are falling to the ground.

It just looked like Suh was angry and was hell-bent on giving a little extra effort for the sake of getting into the head of the Packers blocker...and he lost himself and went for the stomp because for whatever reason Suh didn't get the fearful response he wanted out of the guy.

To me, Suh looks like a pissy, moaning little hissy fit throwing BABY who can't handle not making the play every single time.

The whole key to this ordeal is JIM SCHWARTZ. That's all any of us need to know about this whole drama. Connect the dots, it's pretty damn easy.