Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011   #202
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
So if that`s the case, we should get a high draft pick next season - or have a good QB in Yates. I wouldn`t sell the bank this year because the price would be too high. There never is a guarantee and lots of QBs end up being a disappointment (remember when Alex Smith was the safe pick with serious doubts about Aaron Rodgers?). So just go with it this year, find out at which position we draft and then look at our future. Im pretty sure we`ll have Schaub back before the start of next season. He might not be as mobile... well he never was mobile.

But I like the thought of a young promising franchise QB sitting a year or two behind Schaub. Maybe we should trade with Indy for Luck ;-)
I thought Leinart looked fine. Not earth shattering, ground breaking, or a world beater, but if you remember the two weeks before, we weren't expecting him to try to prove crap.... just manage the game. & he did.

I don't expect him to play "that way" forever, just until he's comfortable with the players around him @game speed.

If TJ isn't the answer, Leinart gets another shot until Schaub is ready to go.

As has been said before, Rick Smith, GK, Dennison, Wade, Cal, & Bob should evaluate the team and address holes & needs as they see fit. If they feel QB requires a first, second, or third round pick, so be it.