Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011   #199
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
So if that`s the case, we should get a high draft pick next season - or have a good QB in Yates. I wouldn`t sell the bank this year because the price would be too high. There never is a guarantee and lots of QBs end up being a disappointment (remember when Alex Smith was the safe pick with serious doubts about Aaron Rodgers?). So just go with it this year, find out at which position we draft and then look at our future. Im pretty sure we`ll have Schaub back before the start of next season. He might not be as mobile... well he never was mobile.

But I like the thought of a young promising franchise QB sitting a year or two behind Schaub. Maybe we should trade with Indy for Luck ;-)
If we totally tank and Yates is totally abysmal, the worst we can do is 8-8 which means we'll be picking in the middle somewhere. That's not a high draft pick but it does make it easier for us to trade up into the 5-10 range.

From what Doc posted, the recovery time required could easily be a year assuming that he recovers to a point of being able to play at all. I don't think we should pin any hopes for him being back next year.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote