View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

I think it IS the same.

Had that stomp landed perfectly, he could have snapped the guy's forearm. Highly unlikely, but as a player...your arms are as important as your head. As are your knees, and your feet (as we well know by now).

Can't argue that it's different. In fact, Suh (IMO) was shoving the guy's head down into the turf and even jerking it back and forth a bit for added discomfort...THEN he had the balls to stomp the guy as he's walking away.

So for me, it looked like Suh was hell-bent on making sure he doled out as much frustration as he could. In my reality, that shows Suh lost it so badly that he forgot people with stripes on their shirt were watching him. In Suh's reality, all he saw was some dude getting payback for something.

Finnegan and AJ have had a history for YEARS. In addition, Finnegan (like Suh) has had a history of excessive extra-curricular activity that has been recorded like a felon's rap sheet.

It's not fair to even compare the AJ-Finnegan drama to the Suh incidents. To me, Finnegan and Suh are the same person who have been COACHED by the same guy, Jim Schwartz. Schwartz is a dirty-play bastard just like Del Rio is. Plain and simple.

The Harbaugh-Schwartz Midfield Handshake Meltdown, where Schwartz overreacted juuuuuuust like Suh did is amazingly not talked about as much as it should be. Coach and player are the same person.