Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011   #191
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
IŽd say no matter how bad Yates play - if Schaub gets healthy, only take a QB if one of the big 4 falls below #15. Otherwise just take bpa...
The big, big, big problem here is that Schaub is probably going to take about a year to get healthy and then we'll find out if he'll even be able to play again. This is a serious surgery on his plant foot. He might not make it back. And it would be a minor miracle if he was back in time for preseason or the beginning of the season.

So we're looking at Yates or Leinart at the beginning of next season.

In a perfect world, Yates BLOWS UP and makes this entire conversation moot. But if he doesn't... are we willing to write off next season with a rookie QB that might just get benched if Schaub comes back? If we pin our hopes on that rookie, then we're basically saying goodbye to Schaub. Our team SHOULD be good enough to get to the playoffs even with the rookie.

If we're willing to do that, then I'm concentrating on RGIII. If RGIII drops to about the 8th or 9th pick, then I find a way to trade up and get him. I'm not sure I'm willing to go up much higher than that and I might look at someone like Tannehill at the end of the first instead.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote