Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011   #188
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We've run through Matt Schaub and Matt Leinart.

We have to make QB the most important draft position. Schaub was already getting less mobile as every season passed, and now the foot injury means his chances are SLIM of ever being even the 2011 Schaub we know him to be.

QB is a problem now. There are some decent choices this season, too, and I would expect us to either trade UP in round 1 or take whatever our round 1 slot ends up being and use it on a QB even if we "think" he'd be there in round 2. QB is everything, IMO. Without it, the offense doesn't work.

Hell, even then...the new round 1 QB would still be a rookie and what can we reasonably expect from even a round 1 rookie QB who is just hitting the NFL and learning how to survive out there?

Gonna' be tough sledding one way or another, I suppose.
If Yates comes in tearing the roof off this sucker, you're saying the Texans would still pick up a QB in the first round?

I agree about the Texans needing a QB, but there would be no way they'd reward a badass stretch from TJ Yates with drafting another QB in round 1, plus having Schaub on roster, and Lienart with another year on contract. No way.

Of course, all of this is predicated on Yates kicking the goddamn door down. If Yates comes in and sucks worse than hooker with a cavity, then yeah, hit the QB button in round 1. If Yates rocks it, however, our pal AJ needs a new buddy in the WR Corps.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote