Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011   #185
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Yeah, hopefully none of us will regret it, man (for those of us holding out hope for Yates).

Plus, I was talking to a friend today, and if Yates pans out, that would pretty much seal up that we won't be drafting a QB in the first round next year, but instead the best WR we can get in whatever slot we draft in the 1st. *shrug*
We've run through Matt Schaub and Matt Leinart.

We have to make QB the most important draft position. Schaub was already getting less mobile as every season passed, and now the foot injury means his chances are SLIM of ever being even the 2011 Schaub we know him to be.

QB is a problem now. There are some decent choices this season, too, and I would expect us to either trade UP in round 1 or take whatever our round 1 slot ends up being and use it on a QB even if we "think" he'd be there in round 2. QB is everything, IMO. Without it, the offense doesn't work.

Hell, even then...the new round 1 QB would still be a rookie and what can we reasonably expect from even a round 1 rookie QB who is just hitting the NFL and learning how to survive out there?

Gonna' be tough sledding one way or another, I suppose.