View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lions' Suh suspended two games for Thanksgiving stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Andre and Courtland were both fined $25,000. Neither were suspended, but both were ejected from that game.

For Tex & Goatcheese:

Suh's stomp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXDmCVSnn1U

Haynesworth's stomp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW4XUpN9bPQ

Haynesworth stepped on a player's exposed head, Suh stomps on the guy's forearm. I don't think the two incidents are the same thing, as Al's had the potential to do much more damage (and it did), but in contrast the GB guy gets up quickly and doesn't appear to be the slightest bit hurt.
I wasn't in here to argue whether or not if Haynesworth's action was a little worse or if the guy was able to be hurt more or less. It's the "intent" that matters at the end of all of this, and both players were clearly in a violent mode with malitious intent when they decided to use their foot as a weapon on a guy lying on the ground in a pile. Suh has shown bad intentions in several games going on two years now and NFL players around the league have all came out and injected their disdain for how this guy plays at times. This is just one incident of many that we could debate about, but the fact that we've got so many repeated incidents sort of ends any question of whether or not this guy is dirty or not. I can't even believe that this is being debated honestly.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote