Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011   #170
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Right. Which was part of my point. One can snap a photo of a QB at any point in his throwing motion and you can see what looks like he's throwing from his ear hole, like the Marino photo.

But scope Yates below as he relases the ball.

Regardless, the solid attributes you listed above are nice. Those balls had a comet's tail on them. But also, a low release or not (which I don't think he has), that double pump on the pass to OD (though it was incomplete), shows the presence of mind he has with a lineman jumping in front of his face.

One can only hope we don't see too many batted balls.

Edit: BTW, what's with the tea-sippin' pinky thing Yates has going on with his non-throwing hand in both photos? Maybe we are truly screwed!
Actually, that picture makes me feel a lot better. From what I was seeing in his college footage, it looked like he was releasing a lot lower than that. And when I ran through the game last night, it looked like he was higher but still very low with his release. But that picture you've posted looks like his release is nice and relatively high.

So I must have just been imagining things.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote