Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011   #159
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The one thing that kinda bothers me from that Yates LSU highlight reel is that it looks like he's got a very, very low launch point. It looks like he's letting the ball go from his ear instead of from over his head. He's got some zip on the ball but if he's going to be launching it from there, he's going to have to be careful about finding good passing lanes or he's going to get a lot of balls batted down.
I think that's more about pocket awareness than anything i.e. knowing when a 6'5'' DLmen is right in front of you as you pass. Yates seems to have a good grip on that as a rookie in limited situations. At least he throws it over the top, Leinart really goes over and Yates does as well, I guess I never realized how side-armed Schaub gets sometimes.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I would prepare him like he's John Elway. First play of the game bomb it to Andre. Shock and awe lol....If they're going to keep a safety or two close to the line and turn up the heat on blitzes I really hope Kubiak lets loose the dogs instead of more turtles.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote