Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #150
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 59860 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I saw more than a few plays when his protection was fairly solid and at times seemed to just rush the throw. Because his footwork wasn't sound the ball would be thrown at receivers feet. He possesses the qualities you want in a good QB and like I said I think those things are correctable. We'll have to start throwing the ball down the field at some point, just to keep the safeties out of the box. Kubiak is no fool and I trust him so I will agree that fans will be surprised to see Yates throw it often in the 1st QTR and then let Foster and Tate go to work.
Right. But certainly you're not talking about Yates' footwork in yesterday's game? His footwork yesterday was miles above his footwork at UNC and certainly better than what we saw of Yates in the pre-season...which leads me to believe that working with coach Knapp has been paying off for him.

Collapsing pocket? No problem yesterday, though some of his throws were tentative resulting in incompletions.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote