Thread: TJ Yates
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011   #149
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ Yates

I will say this about Yates...... His pocket awareness is a million times better than Blaine Gabbert. I told everyone who would listen to me that I didn't think Gabbert would be a good NFL QB because of that very issue. That ran that "punt" shotgun formation at Missouri and as soon as Gabbert "thought" he saw pressure he would run 10 yards backwards and get flushed to the right. He basically took his team out of the play, and I told people that it something that would hurt him.

He doesn't do that now, but his lack of pocket awareness is coming back to bite him now. The kid just doesn't have it at this point. When I watch Yates old games that's not an issue I see with him. And to be honest its rare for a young QB to have pocket awareness as good as Yates does. Clean up his footwork a tad and I think we actually may have something here.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote